I’m always excited when I receive a comment on my blog, but last week I was especially excited because one of my comments was a nomination for the Liebster award! I’m not going to lie, I wasn’t exactly sure what the nomination meant, only that the award is for up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers. When I Googled it, I found an excellent post that explains the history of the award.
I was nominated by Lindsay Gray over at The Leaking Boob. If you haven’t checked out her blog yet, you should go do so right now! Her posts are always very relatable and articulate, and I’m so flattered that such a talented blogger nominated me.
So apparently, in order to accept this award, I need to post 11 random facts about myself, answer the 11 questions posed by my nominator, nominate other blogs, and ask them 11 questions. So here you go!
11 Random Facts About Myself
- I was a competitive Highland dancer when I was in elementary school.
- I have a business degree in marketing, although I have no interest in pursuing that as a career.
- I have one cat, named Lenny Briscoe.
- My first overseas trip was to Italy for two weeks. I went by myself.
- I’ve worked at a number of different places including a shoe store, a payday loans company, a veterinarian, a courier, a lingerie store, a college, an investment firm, and two gyms.
- My partner and I met each other through an online dating site.
- I have a younger brother and sister who are twins.
- If I was stranded on a desert island and could only eat one food for the rest of my life, I would choose pudding.
- I’ve never had a tooth cavity.
- I love horror movies but can’t watch them because they give me nightmares.
- When I was a little girl, I wanted to be Stevie Nicks. I still think that she is just about the coolest performer ever.
11 Questions by Lindsay
- Favorite book: The Gift of Fear by Gavin de Becker
- Favorite online shopping site: Zulily
- Happiest childhood memory: Christmas mornings, especially the one when I got my Cabbage Patch doll!
- Biggest goal on your bucket list: Learn another language
- One place you’re dying to travel: The UK
- Biggest inspiration: Anyone who tells the truth in spite of how unpopular it may be
- Favorite season: Fall. It reminds me of back to school and new starts
- Biggest pet peeve: People who don’t take accountability for their own actions
- One person you would like to meet: Bill Maher
- Age when you got your first cell phone: 25
- 3 words to describe yourself: Polite, responsible, unsatisfied
11 Questions for My Nominees
- Your favourite time waster:
- Book(s) you loved as a child:
- Trait that you love most about yourself:
- Trait that you would most like to change:
- Facebook or Twitter:
- Bygone era that you’d like to experience:
- Another country that you’d like to live in:
- Messiest room in your house:
- Favourite physical activity:
- Your last meal would be:
- What makes you unique?:
And the nominees are: (drum roll)
a cup of mascarpone – wonderful recipe blog. Even if you don’t cook, just stop by for the pictures. Yum yum.
thelittledabbler – very informative parenting blog
One Change in a Lifetime – a fellow new mom blogs about parenthood
ChangingDad – a parenting blog written from a dad’s perspective
Moms Living Leaner – inspiration for being a mom and living a healthy life
Bend it Like Becker – this blog is flat out FUNNY. Honest and hilarious, read a couple of posts and you’ll feel simaltaneously entertained and relieved that you’re in good motherhood company
Kids Heart Real Food – for any moms who want to feed their kids whole foods in a processed world
surprisemama – a great mom blog. Very well written and relatable, I always see myself in her posts.
Becoming the Best Me – a great mom blog where she focuses on her baby and on bettering herself
Things I Say – a blog by a new mom that contains a nice mix of mom-related and non-mom-related posts
Postcards From Pramstead – a really interesting mom blog. Check out her “Motherhood in 100 Objects”.
Thank you again for the nomination, and I hope you all keep reading my ramblings!! ♥